Our Commitment to You
Alchemy cares about your privacy. All of the data Alchemy stores about you is encrypted at rest, and it is not sold or otherwise disclosed without your permission.
This Policy intends to describe Alchemy's privacy practices in an understandable manner with minimal legal and technical language.
1. Who We Are.
3. Information We Collect.
Since Alchemy is a dating app, we do need to collect information about you. This includes basic profile details and dating interests. We also collect location data in order to show you nearby potential matches. See below for more details.
Information you give us.
You choose to give Alchemy certain information when using our services. This includes:
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Your name
- Your GPS location
- Photos to use on your profile
- Dating preferences, such as your gender interests
- A bio
- Your gender identity
- Your interests
- Any neurodiversities you may have
- Your preferred pronouns
- Whether or not you're transgender
- Profiles you've liked
- Chat messages you've sent
Information generated or automatically collected when you our services.
Alchemy will also generate or collect data that is needed for our services to work. This includes:
- The name of your current locality (i.e. city name)
- Log files generated on your device
- Log files generated by our API
4. How We Use Information.
All information Alchemy collects about you is used for the purposes outlined below.
I. To provide our services to you
The information we collect is used to provide the Alchemy app. Your public profile data (such as name, bio, etc.) is used to show other members who you are so you can make connections with them.
Private data, such as your dating preferences, location, and whether or not you're transgender, is used to help filter your and other member's potential matches to people you're more likely to be interested in.
II. To improve our services
Some data, such as log files, is used for debugging purposes or internal research to improve our services. This is to help find bugs and issues with the app, and to help determine which features users like or don't like.
III. To prevent, detect, and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
Data we collect about you can be used to help detect and deter malicious or illegal activities of you or other members.
5. How We Share Information.
Primarily, Alchemy shares your data with other members. This is to allow you and other members to make connections with each other.
Alchemy also shares information with our service providers. In most cases, the information shared with these service providers is stored securely and only accessed by Alchemy. If this is not the case, the data shared with these service providers is kept to an absolute minimum.
Alchemy will also share information if it is legally required to, the request is reasonably necessary, and the request is about a specific member or specific member(s) (that is, Alchemy will not respond to general requests for information such as "which members of your platform are _____?").
6. Your Rights and Choices.
You're in control of your information. Below is a list of the options and tools available to you regarding your information:
- Profile and account settings in the service. The edit profile and settings functions allow you to access, rectify, or remove information that you provided to us and that's associated directly to your account within the service.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms can have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as pictures, location services, push notifications, and advertising identifiers. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection or processing of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Doing this may cause certain services to lose functionality.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by Alchemy by uninstalling the app. Remember that uninstalling the app does not close your account! To close your account, please use the corresponding functionality on the service.
- Account closure. You can close your account at any time by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
You also have the right to access, delete, update, and object to the
collection of your information. To do any of these, you can contact Alchemy by
email at [email protected].
Please note that this will also require proof of identity to protect the information and privacy of other members.
7. No Children Allowed.
Alchemy is restricted to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit individuals under the age of 18 on our platform. If you suspect that a member is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available on the service.
9. How to Contact Us.